I am a second-year Ph.D. student in Computer Science at UC Santa Barbara, working on Natural Language Processing and Deep Learning. My adviser is Prof. William Y. Wang. My research interests lie specifically in the areas of information extraction, natural language processing and reinforcement learning. I am currently working on learning to reason with structured knowledge graph data.
Before coming to UCSB, I received my bachelor degree from University of Science and Technology of China (1210) in 2016.
Reasoning with Knowledge Graphs
- "One-Shot Relational Learning for Knowledge Graphs"
Wenhan Xiong, Mo Yu, Shiyu Chang, Xiaoxiao Guo and William Yang Wang
EMNLP 2018, long paper. [code] [paper]
- "Variational Knowledge Graph Reasoning"
Wenhu Chen, Wenhan Xiong, Xifeng Yan and William Yang Wang
NAACL HLT 2018, long oral paper [paper] [slides]
- "DeepPath: A Reinforcement Learning Method for Knowledge Graph Reasoning"
Wenhan Xiong, Thien Hoang and William Yang Wang
EMNLP 2017, long oral paper (7.5%) [code] [paper] [slides]
Task-Oriented Language Grouding with RL
- "Look Before You Leap: Bridging Model-Free and Model-Based Reinforcement Learning for Planned-Ahead Vision-and-Language Navigation"
Wenhan Xiong*, Xin Wang*, Hongmin Wang, William Yang Wang (* equal contribution)
ECCV 2018 [paper]
- "Scheduled Policy Optimization for Natural Language Communication with Intelligent Agents"
Wenhan Xiong, Xiaoxiao Guo, Mo Yu, Shiyu Chang, Bowen Zhou and William Yang Wang
IJCAI-ECAI-18, full paper (20.5%) [code] [paper] [slides]
- Research Intern, Salesforce Research, Summer 2018
- Research Intern, University of Western Australia, Summer 2015
- CS171 Operating Systems, Winter 2017
- CS32 Object Oriented Design and Implementation, Spring 2017
- National Scholarship (4/291), University of Science and Technology of China, 2015